- you are between the ages of 14-29
- you are a student
- you are facing mental health issues
- you have a disability or have special needs
- you are a newcomer
- you are a LGBTQA+
- you are a visible minority
- you are aboriginal (ie. First Nation, Metis or Inuit)
- you are facing financial hardship
- if the barrier you face is not listed here contact us to see if you are eligible.
12 Week Art Workshop
Our 12 week art workshop is the foundation of A.R.T. In Action. Participants learn various art-forms while having a safe space to explore their creativity and express themselves. Although we form partnerships with various organizations and community spaces to host our workshops, they remain open for drop-ins.
Below is a list of subjects that can or may be incorporated into the twelve weeks.
- Natural Dyes and Paints
- T-shirt design
- Upcycled/Repurposed Art
- Clay Sculpture
- Basic woodwork and wood burning
- Stencilling & Design
- Mural Design
- Synesthesia Art & Art Therapy
- Yoga & Painting
- Expressive Dance
- Painting & Mixed Media
- Jewelry making
- Fashion Design & Fabric Art
- Sewing: Hand-stitching, Free Motion, Embroidery
- Urban Graffiti Art & Skateboarding
- Hip-Hop Dance & DJing
- Entrepreneurship & E-Commerce
Every year we travel to a minimum of one location outside of the Ottawa area. As of 2015, we have agreed to a long-term partnership with the Hamlet of Arviat, Nunavut. We are always open to bringing A.R.T. In Action to new locations that are in need of programming such as ours.