A.R.T. (A Real Thought) In Action
is a registered non-profit that provides free art workshops and programs to children & youth ages 29 and under, that are facing multiple barriers. We are operating on the traditional and unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishinaabe First Nation (colonially known as Ottawa).
In addition, we provide resources for satellite programming. In 2016 and 2017, we brought our programming to the Hamlet of Arviat, in Nunavut.
Through A.R.T. In Action, youth receive guidance from creative professionals and a safe space to explore creativity and self-expression while inspiring confidence and growth.
Our mission is to provide creative art, entrepreneurial and mentorship programs designed to support and enhance the well-being of youth facing multiple barriers.
- We are dedicated to delivering free art workshops and providing various funding that gives youth an opportunity to learn from professionals, grow their skills and gain confidence.
We believe in shaping a world for our future generations where creativity and the arts are valued, where youth are inspired to pursue their passions and where we work together as a community to create a positive and supportive environment.
- Recognizing youth artists from all walks of life for their work and paying them fairly
- Making sure our A.R.T. Educators and staff members are compensated for their time and skills
- Being inclusive and respectful of others regardless of their race, gender, religious upbringing, sexual orientation, culture, disabilities and limitations
- Being open to new collaborations, partnerships and future programming with organizations, businesses, individuals and youth.