A Real Thought (A.R.T.) In Action
We acknowledge that we are operating on the traditional and unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishinaabe First Nation (Ottawa, Ontario).
Welcome to A.R.T. In Action Ottawa!
A.R.T. (A Real Thought) In Action is a non-profit organization providing free art programs that support the mental well-being of community members in Ottawa and beyond. We are inclusive and collaborative, evolving to meet the needs of the groups that we partner with.
Our programs offer a safe space for creatives of all abilities and backgrounds to express themselves, while remaining committed to removing socio-economic, cultural/linguistic, and accessibility barriers through art.
“Creating artwork allows your mind to be in a safe place while it contemplates the tougher issues you are dealing with. One can use the tools of brush, paint, pastels, crayons etc to expose and even for a short time color those issues in a different light.”George E. Miller
- To provide free art workshops for community members facing multiple barriers
- To provide a safe environment for members to express themselves creatively
- To provide inclusive and accessible programming
- To provide fair compensation for all of our artists and art educators
- To provide opportunities and honorariums for young artists, musicians, writers, filmmakers and those within the creative arts sector
- To partner with organizations and facilitators with shared values
To contact us about partnerships, programming or other methods of donation, please complete the form.
Due to COVID-19 all of our in-person programming is postponed.
Follow us on social media to stay up-to-date: